What is this metric used for?
The Academics list shows which universities focus research on the searched technology.
Using scientific production (articles, theses, Conference...), IP, networks, projects, clinical trials and Web visibility of the world universities on a technology, it is possible to visualize the most dynamic and committed. The more a University is central in the network of a technology, the greater its influence is said to be.
How is the graphic built?
The graph highlights the well-positioned universities on technology in research, IP, recognition and influence.
This classification is based on scientific production (articles, theses, conferences...), IP, networks, projects, clinical trials and visibility of the University. Each of these criteria is also analyzed via a graph technology according to several weights related to volumes, dates, scientific recognition, visibility...
Click on the metric to access to the full list ; click on an Academic profile to access to its profile.
To go further
The relevancy of an academic is mainly based on the following indicators:
- Number of published documents (all types of documents)
- Sum of the scores of its documents (all types)
- Centrality in the query network: the centrality is an indicator based on the number and distance of connections of a node in a network.
- Diversity of scientific works (number of different types)
- Sum of the scores of the academic web pages
The relevancy of a document is mainly based on the following indicators:
- Number of occurrences of the searched concept
- Position of the concept within the document (Title, Abstract, Keywords)
- Publication date of the document: most recent documents are privileged
- Type of document (A scientific poster will have less weight than a peer reviewed article)